The Leichhardt Street Dental Practice Difference. What sets us apart is the highest level of quality care combined with unprecedented customer service. Our modern dental practice is pristine, calming and relaxing.
In the words of Dr Barbara Szylkarski: “We treat all our patients with respect and care throughout ALL stages of their treatment, including long after treatment completion. Our priority is on ensuring your dentistry lasts as along as is possible. For major cases we’re not a “run through” type facility, but prioritise planning and recovery care excellence for all our patients. And it all starts with good communication.
We spend hundreds of hours keeping up to date with the latest in dentistry. We have a cosmetic focus but also love looking after the general dental needs of your family.
The Wand is a state of the art computerised anaesthetic system. It uses an advanced computer chip designed to accurately measure out the anaesthetic according to what is needed at any point in time. This avoids the pressure feeling that comes from anaesthetic being deposited too quickly into the gums from the old metal hand held systems that unfortunately are still widely used today. This very gradual release of anaesthetic enables the Wand to perform as a pain free solution to numbing teeth.
If you are a dental phobic, hate the dentist or are too anxious to make the first call to visit us, rest assured that you have come to the right place and will enjoy the difference this leading edge numbing technology will make to your visit. If you are extremely anxious than we can also combine this with Nitrous Oxide Sedation and remove those fear barriers you have to visiting the dentist.
We are very excited to offer a fully equipped “laughing gas” system, for those who are apprehensive visiting the dentist. The advantage of “laughing gas” sedation is that in most situations it allows for quick recovery.
Other common oral sedatives can leave you sedated for up to 24 hours, and are not suitable if you don’t have the time to sleep it off for the rest of the day.
“laughing gas” is suitable for most children and adults. It helps you feel very relaxed and often also has a numbing effect in the mouth so your visit is extremely comfortable.
We have three designated car parks labeled “dental surgery” on street level for your convenience. As well as a second level of undercover parking with lift access.
We offer late dental appointments on a Tuesday evening for your convenience.
Prior to placing a fissure seal to protect a deep groove on a tooth we use a dental micro-abrasion machine to remove food and plaque trapped in the groove.
Very often this is not visible to the naked eye and if left behind, the fissure seal will not stick properly and will fall out. Worse still, a hole will form in the tooth underneath the seal.
An example of our white fillings that replicate
the tooth contour and seal to the tooth.
This white filling is flat with a gap along the gum line compromising its life.
- It is the engineering and the technique that determines the quality of white fillings.
- Our dental fillings are completed with quality composite material from 3M
- We use the incremental curing technique, that prevents cracking of the enamel
Using this method:
- The contraction of the material is minimised
- The filling does not pull away from the side of the tooth.
- We do not substitute with fast setting glass ionomer white fillings as these wear easily under biting forces.
- Dr Szylkarski was trained by Dr Didier Dietschi an expert in white fillings based in Geneva.
- Our fillings in front teeth are reconstructed with three shades of material: dentine, body and enamel shades. We do not use one bulk colour for every filling.
A root canal accurately filled to the end of the root
This root canal is not filled to the end of the root putting this tooth at risk of re-infection.
Rotary Endodontics is the latest advance in performing root canal treatments. We offer the newly released OneWave system as well as Dentsply Protaper Next and do not substitute for cheap rotary copies. We also use an Apex locator. This enables us to accurately determine the position of the end of the tooth root.
We can then fill the root to the end. If a root canal is not filled to the end it has a higher chance of re-infection and an abscess may form. This methodology may be the difference between a successful and a failed root canal treatment.
Poor quality tooth x-ray
This Xray does not provide a clear image of the teeth and is of no use in diagnosis
High quality tooth x-ray.
This is an example of our high quality digital X-Rays. We use only digital (computerised) x-rays which provide for lower radiation dosages.
We provide a clear and instant image of your teeth at high resolution on the computer screen, which allows you to see and understand the diagnosis
- We use Sirona technology, experts in the digital imaging field, the intraoral camera is a fast effective means of taking a photo for instant viewing.
- These images are also able to be emailed, so we can consult with specialists where required.
- Photos of your teeth will help you understand your many treatment options.
- We also use a Nikon SLR camera to take photos of the colour, position and shape of your teeth. These photos are sent to our ceramists to obtain an exact match for crowns, bridges and implants, or to change the teeth completely.
So if you have ever wondered what the inside of your mouth looks like, come and let us show you.
Our crowns, implants and bridges are made by Norio Furuta of Live Ceramics Dental Laboratory at Southport. To see the crowns he makes visit www.liveceramics.com.
- We never engage in the practice of sending our crowns to China as we believe there is no control over what metals or ceramics are used in the crown and if they have been approved for use in Australia
- There is also no control over who is making the crown.
- We only supply Australian crowns which will offer you many years of service and used by the majority of well known experienced Brisbane Specialists.
Infection control better than the standards required
We are an accredited dental practice. This means you can be sure our infection control standards are well documented and carried out correctly.
In the surgery in addition to wiping surfaces with neutral disinfectants, we barrier wrap surfaces to provide extra protection. This offers you, the patient, an extra layer of security in a world of increasing numbers of multi-resistant bacteria and viruses. This is above what the standards required and eliminates any possible human error as every barrier wrap is new for your appointment.
As we are a high tech dental practice we use rotary endodontics for root canal treatments. These files are brand new just for you and are disposed of upon completion of your treatment. Whilst there is a cleaning protocol available, they are very difficult to clean. Having your own brand new sterile rotary files means there is no room for human error in the cleaning process.
Our practice has an extensive environmental cleaning protocol that is well documented. We also have a well documented autoclave maintenance testing protocol.
Our dental practice in Spring Hill, Brisbane is set up with the worlds most comfortable dental chair with televisions on the ceiling for your visual entertainment.
ADEC chairs, manufactured in the United States, are softly padded plush leather dental chairs that we believe are the most comfortable on the market.
Combined with the new to the market, award winning LED overhead dental light, we have outstanding visibility compared to the widespread old halogen systems.
We work to make our customer service exceptional. We will remind you of your appointment 48 hours prior, help you navigate the complexities of private health insurance, and offer phone or hicaps health insurance rebate estimates. Information sheets will be provided and we will call you following your appointment to ensure you are happy with your dental treatment.
All regular patients are provided with Dr Szylkarski’s mobile number in case of a dental emergency.
All we ask is 48 hours notice if you wish to reschedule your appointment so we can fit in other emergency patients.