Porcelain Veneers are a conservative cosmetic dentistry option used to reshape teeth, repair chipped or broken teeth or hide teeth which have become stained or discoloured. Porcelain Veneers are suitable for both Men and Women. Veneers for Men are becoming more popular.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
People often think of veneers as being a little like false fingernails. False nails are glued to the front of the real nail which remains underneath, giving the nail and more aesthetic appearance. Veneers provide the same effect for teeth. The tooth underneath is not significantly altered, but with the veneer in place, it can now have a new shape, size and colour – giving you a beautiful and natural looking smile.
Problems Veneers Fix?
Dental veneers are used to either improve the appearance of your smile or to restore damaged teeth.
• Improve the appearance of dark or discoloured teeth
• Restore worn down teeth
• Restore fractured or broken teeth.
• In some cases, improve the appearance of slightly misaligned and misshaped teeth.
• Close spaces between teeth
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers?
• Porcelain veneers are incredibly thin yet extremely strong and durable. They should last at least 8 years.
• They offer a very natural appearance
•They are resistant to most food staining
• You can choose a porcelain colour for your teeth so they can appear slightly whiter
Porcelain Veneer Procedure – What’s Involved?
Veneers can be made from porcelain or from composite resin (tooth-coloured filling material). Porcelain veneers are made indirectly, in a similar fashion to crowns. The tooth is first re-shaped and an impression is made of the tooth. A plastic temporary veneer is fitted and a local Dental Ceramist will work with the impression to make the final veneer. A couple of weeks later, the veneer is ready to be fitted onto the tooth. Each of our porcelain veneers are individually made to suit your desired aesthetic result.
It is sometimes recommended to straighten teeth and whiten teeth prior to placing veneers for optimal aesthetic results. This is particularly the case for extremely irregular and stained teeth.
How to look after Porcelain Veneers?
• Good oral hygiene – this includes brushing and flossing your teeth and veneers.
• Regular dental checks and cleans
• Whilst porcelain veneers are very strong, you should still take care and avoid placing excessive stresses on them. You should not eat, chew or bite objects that could damage your natural teeth as these forces may damage your veneers.
Porcelain veneers are beautiful restorations that can look amazingly natural. At Leichhardt Street Dental Practice, we work with the latest and best materials and with the finest team of Dental Ceramists located In Brisbane and the Gold Coast, to ensure that we provide the very best veneers for you.
To find out more about Porcelain Veneers at our Brisbane Dental Practice, call for a chat or contact us.